- The sun blinds me as I come home in my parent’s car.
- People can smother me simply by putting their head on top of mine (don’t worry, it’s a friendly gesture).
- I can easily get to the front of a crowd because I have a valid excuse.
- It’s impossible to get to the front of a crowd.
- I get a strange kind of pleasure knowing that last year, I was the second shortest in my class, and this year, I’m the fifth (get in!).
- I have to ask my tall friends to put things on the top of a shelf.
- My feet are also petit. (Not obligatory, but very common in small people).
- I can be paired with people years younger than me. To clarify, this is *mostly* not because I’m the same height, but because I’m the closest fit.
- People can call me adorable. And they’re not even being sarcastic.
- Taller people occasionally crouch down to my height and say, “Everything’s so big from your perspective…”
- There is always someone to leap to my defence because I have sympathy points.
- When someone didn’t know my name, he called me ‘small boy’, and I called him ‘person’. We now know each other’s names, but we still call each other small boy and person.
- People think I’m younger than I am. Which is good… unless you’re still in school. It’s weird, we spend the whole of school hoping to look older and then we want to look younger again. :P
- It’s a massive deal when someone overestimates your age. In recent memory, this has happened once.
- I’m constantly measuring myself up against other small people to check if I’ve grown taller than them.
- When someone is blocking the stairway, I can pass through their arms (50% success rate).
- I know when I’m wearing someone else’s clothes because they swamp me.
- When someone tries to lift me up (after politely asking for permission), their first comment is always “Wow, so light…”
- Group hugs are a nightmare in disguise.
- Once, someone followed me around when we were returning to class, screaming “HEY SHORTY!” It doesn’t sound funny until I tell you he was a head shorter than me. XD
DISCLAIMER: All teasing shown in this list was friendly banter, and not malicious. Things in this list were all true stories.
I don’t know if you’ll sympathise with this list or not, even if you’re small; these are purely my experiences. Here’s hoping for a growth spurt. ;)